Sunday, April 6, 2008

For Just a Minute...

Let's pretend I can actually believe this and try to apply it to my life, yeah?

"He may live in my memory as the most amiable man of my aquaintance, but that is all. I have nothing either to hope or fear, and nothing to reproach him with. Thank God! I have not that pain. A little time therefore. ---I shall certainly try to get the better.
"I have this comfort immediately, that it has not been more than an error of fancy on my side, and that it has done no harm to any one but myself."

-Jane to Elizabeth (Pride & Prejudice)

If I can try to really believe this the was Jane makes herself believe that Mr. Bingley is nothing more than a very amiable man who is simply "not that into her," then maybe I can live my life without all the fuss. (I understand that she turned out to be wrong, but the idea is still the same.)

What's been going on? A little bit. This past Tuesday was Jesse's birthday.. Monday night after school I rushed to Lauren's to have her teach me how to shade so that I could make a card for him. It took forever but was very nice looking. (He loved it, DUH)

Work is okay, it gets harder not to be mad every day, but I'm really working on the sarcasm issue, especially since we have like 6 or 7 new people, and I'm tired of coming off as a jerk. It's just the way I am.

Friday, danced at Jayde's house. Grayson taught me how to waltz. It's my new favorite dance. And I had a lot fun, which isn't normal when it comes to dancing.

Yesterday, I went to Venice Beach with Lauren, Carrie, and Haleigh. We laid out for a while (yes, I got sunburned), then walked along the boardwalk and looked at all the crazy weirdos. I will say that, as different as the actual beach is from Venice, Italy, the fact that there are a million trinket stands for tourists is the same. Go to Italy and you'll see what I mean. They are EVERYWHERE in any major city... Venice, Rome, Pisa, etc.
After the beach, we went to Lauren's Cabin in Frasier Park.. it was superfun. We watched movies and played cards, and Lauren's friend Jackie came up.. total girls night. It was wonderful.
Then back to reality right? *sigh*

p.s. they always "more money, more problems" but in my experience it's more like, "LESS money, even more problems."

"/

Just wanted to post my favorite photo...sometimes I miss blonde hair... and Kassy. :(




0 comments: