Thursday, February 14, 2008

Busy

Currently Listening to: "No, Really, I'm Fine" by The Spill Canvas
Right now my life has been very busy. It's been really hard to get used to after only just working all the time. Now that I'm going to BC two nights a week, I find it so much easier to fall asleep no matter where I am (even driving...oops). I never took naps because I'd get bored before I fell asleep, but now that my schedule is more full, naps are welcome. I'm also Branch Music Coordinator for the Kern River Branch, and even though it's not that hard, it's still something I'm constantly thinking about, trying to remember to call people (which I hate to do) and tell them their assignments. It makes me laugh sometimes to think I was ever a telemarketer, but I was.


The Double J 368 (Marketplace)
I usually go to work around 5:30 am. Right now I'm a Training Mentor, which is one step above Team Member. Soon I'll be promoted to Team Leader and recieve another raise and more responsibility. Recently the store has been pretty busy in the afternoons after I leave because the weather has been so favorable, but in the mornings we have a core group of "regulars" who come in every day. Other than that, we can for almost an hour without anyone coming in. Gives me time to do the daily sudoku in the paper. Wahoo. I'm getting pretty awesome at that game.

Renegade (BC)
After work I go straight to school from 1pm to somewhere around 8 or 8:30 pm. I'm taking English B1A, Math D (Intermediate Algebra), and Physical Geography. My English professor told me on Monday that I was the only one who didn't have to re-write my diagnostic essay and that she's looking forward to reading what I write this semester. (yay!) My Math class is way easy, and my professor's lectures are so all-over-the-place that I end up doing my homework while she's talking. Physical Geography is way interesting but a lot of memorization and I've always been bad at studying. "/

After school, if I get out early enough, I head to McMurtrey Aquatic and swim with the West High swim team. If not, I go home and eat some delicious soup and sit down for some much-needed downtime.

Good Day?
Today was Valentine's Day, and I was not a happy camper. I was late for my eye appointment because I (of course) fell asleep. Even though I actually had a day off for once in my life, I still had so many other things I wanted to do that didn't seem to get done. But I did make sugar cookies for my brother and his girlfriend, Lauren. They were extra delicious. But other than that, with my parents being in Park City, UT skiing, I was alone all day. It was hard.

Since I was supposed to give my dogs a bath today (I thought about dying parts of their ears red in honor of this dumb holiday), and it was something that did not end up happening, I'll probably end up doing that tomorrow. I like to take the puppies running on the bike path off Truxton, but I like for them to look good when I do that...nobody hits on a girl with nappy dogs. On second thought, maybe I won't give them a bath. I'll have to think about that one.

For Christmas Lauren LaCava (my brother's girlfriend) gave me a book called Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul by John & Staci Eldredge. The book is a tool that women can use to find their inner beauty and make it shine. They rely heavily on the bible and other christian sources as their support, alomost to a point where it seems like they are a little bible-happy, but I like it. The only think is that every time I read it, all I can think is "Boys should read this, too." Boys: if you can't figure a girl out, read this book and you'll get at least halfway to knowing how complex women are. And it will help boys learn how to comfort women in the right way. It says over and over that all a woman wants is to be captivating and pursued. I can honestly say that when I read this book, I'm nodding 95% of the time, saying "yes, this is what I feel, how do they know that?" Pick up a copy and you'll understand from the first page.

Can I just say how happy I am that the writer's strike is OVER?? Curiously, new episodes will be filmed just in time for sweeps month this May. Interesting. I'm just happy that season 4 of LOST will be longer than eight episodes. Plus, I found it hilarious that House, M.D. obviously saved an episode that should have run around Christmastime to play two weeks ago. Just thought I should point that out.

Other than my obvious love of television, it seems to be the only happiness I got today was from my dogs jumping up to me when I got home. Let's hope next year fares better, yeah?

P.S. Now that my hair is brown again,maybe I can actually grow it out and have it be healthy. We'll see how that goes.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Deb...I didn't know you had a blog. Coolio. I wish I could do different hair colors like you...or could afford it.;) Hope you are well. Make sure Jesse stays out of trouble.;)